Translate

Sunday 13 August 2017

Writing - using adjectives

In Writing this week we have been focusing developing our descriptive writing skills.  In particular, using adjectives to create pictures in the reader's mind. We looked carefully at this beautiful picture of a woodland setting and tried to use as much descriptive language as possible to describe the scene that we could see.  



Here are a few examples of what the children wrote ...


 I can see the sparkling water dripping off a hill.  It looks like the shiny sky.  I see lots of beautiful lime green plants.  The water feels warm like a bath.  I wonder what's in the cave?  I hope that I don't see ooey gooey slime! I think I will run away from the cave!  I can hear the colourful birds singing through the trees.  I feel relaxed.  
Written by Maia

I can see a really shiny blue pool.  The waterfall is shimmering and falling down like a warm shower.  The moss is soft like a fluffy blanket.  I can hear a splashing golden shiny fish jumping out of the medium sized spring.  I can see a gooey slimy cave.  I hope there isn't any tigers or any mean animals in the cave!
Written by Reuben

I can see a beautiful sparkling turquoise pool of spring water.  I can see a hard rock with grass green moss on it. I can hear graceful birds singing and whistling.  When I touch the slime in the cave, it feels yuck!  I hear a cicada in the trees.  I hear the wind blowing so hard.  It blows so hard that my hair blows back and it is cold!
Written by Millie

I was walking in the scary big deep jungle when I came to a beautiful place.  I saw a big dark blue spring and waterfall.  The waterfall was rushing down like a cheetah running down from the sky.  There was a big dark cave.  If there was a bear in that cave I would scream very loudly and run away!
Written by Arthur

No comments:

Post a Comment

Athletics Day 2017

What an awesome day in the sun today. All of the children gave 100% and thoroughly enjoyed all of the activities. Thank you to those of you ...